Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Day 8 - Westkappel to Renesse

Things worked out pretty good last night. There were two 17 year old dutch girls, Carmen and Janine, camping next to me, so we got talking and ended up going out to swim in the surf as the sun set. Afterwards we had vodka and orange juice on the beach.

Got to sleep pretty easy, but it rained a hell of a lot over the night and early morning so I had to take my tent down in the drizzle. Not much fun. After that I walked up the coast, and hopped on a bus to take me over the bridge to the next island. Wasn't much fun walking today, the clouds were grey and omnipresent, so I decided to stop in this place.

A kindly old dutch woman gave me permission to camp in her garden. I'm going to assume she gave permission anyway, her English wasn't so great. I'm currently in the town square having a look around. Seems nice enough, although my feet are very, very sore, which is distracting.

No comments:

Post a Comment