Thursday, August 9, 2012

Day 9 - Renesse to Hellevoetsluis

A baking hot day here. The kind of day where you get little shimmering mirages over to the top of roads. I walked between a long land bridge between two Dutch islands and it was like walking through a vast concrete desert. I thought my shoes were going to stick to the ground. Kept myself watered though, and I put loads of suntan lotion on so I should be fine.

Am now in Hellevoetsluis, where I'm camped at a very nice campsite just outside of town. Am heading in now to find something for dinner and maybe a pint of beer by a canal.

Tomorrow I'm heading to Rotterdam, and after that I'm going to Utrecht to stay at a friend's house. I can't wait, life in a tent has its positive points, but I miss beds and pillows and stuff.

1 comment:

  1. Hey D!

    I caught a few entries on my phone but have finally got the internet on my laptop so will be following every day.

    Your walking sounds tough but I hope the weather and the sights have been enough to keep your spirits up. Thinking of you!

    Love
    Bee

    ReplyDelete